>Event & Awards
Nickelodeon's animated short film contest
Posted By : Sumit Dhanki At 02-03-2013 20:36:20
Tags : Nickelodeon Short Film Contest
Nickelodeon' is looking for new creative talent, innovative concepts, funny characters, and original designs. Anyone can join the contest with below guidelines :
• Animated shorts must be: comedic, character driven, and have kid appeal.
• Nickelodeon' is looking for new ideas that feature an original, funny lead character – with about 2 or 3 characters in total. Be prepared to show either through designs, thumbnail storyboards or script, how funny and unique your characters are.
• Characters must be relatable to kids ages 6 to 11 and appeal to both boys and girls.
• If the characters are human, Nickelodeon' recommend that they be a kid around our audience’s age. If non-human their mindset should be like a kid and they should encounter situations that are relatable and comprehendible for kid-audience.
• All submissions must be kid-appropriate in content.
• Shorts are limited to 2 minutes in length and should primarily take place in 1 setting.
• Open to all animation styles including 2D, digital 2D, CG, Stop Motion, Flash, and Mixed Media.
Pitch materials must include:
• Concept Treatment
• Character Descriptions: designs with written descriptions preferred
• 2 minute rough thumbnail storyboards or 2 minute script/outline
• Resume and credits
• Link to online portfolio and/or work samples (if available)
• Must submit a signed copy of the submission release form
Submission can include:
• Character designs – rough sketches are acceptable
• Character layouts
• Link to more pitch content
Online submissions can be sent through www.nickshortspitches.com.
The deadline for submissions is March 29th 2013. No submissions will be accepted after this time.
You May Also Like
comments powered by Disqus